Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Beaten to it...

After I started doing the critters blogs I wondered why I had chosen to use the word critter as opposed to many other options and now I think I know where. On my Facebook news feed a post from this group, Palaeocritti just popped up with the title "Critter of the week - Panphagia". Palaeocritti is a website run by "Dino" Dean Lomax, a fellow Doncastrian and palaeontology enthusiast, which has its own "critter of the week", and here it is, Panphagia:

If you want to know more about it check out the site, they are a lot less lazy than I am when it comes to adding information (I may in future give more complete descriptions of the critters I have chosen, though having a poor internet connection hampers this somewhat and I am not an expert in trilobites by a long shot, I have picked them for their aesthetic appeal in order to make the blog more visually attractive). So it seems I stole the idea from Palaeocritti, subconsciously perhaps, but now that you know you can check out the site.

4 comments:

skalidis7 said...

Hello

skalidis7 said...

Oops sorry for resending that message I havent used this before, I hope you got my other comment come through. Cheers, Dean

The Palaeobabbler said...

Hey Dean,

If your comment was simply "hello" then I got it. I've been using Blogger for a while now and I still haven't got it figured out...

skalidis7 said...

No it wasnt just hello, I guess it didnt come through, very strange although I havent used this before so thats probably why. The message was something like.. Thank you for mentioning palaeocritti, it is nice to see us on a blog, sorry we beat you to the critter of the week. I noticed that you mentioned fellow doncastarian, I assume your from Doncaster correct? Please send me an email (skalidis7@hotmail.com), it would be nice to keep in touch. All the best, Dean
www.palaeocritti.com