Monday, 3 May 2010

Tory Nutjobs

Even though I am not politically minded I doubt I would ever lend the Tories my support in any way. They have managed to give me yet another reason to despise them. One of their "rising stars", Philippa Stroud, set up several churches connected to evangelical American churches which attempt to pray the "demons" out of homosexual people. Over all the Tory attitude towards homosexuality appears to be rather repugnant:

The Conservatives have tried to win over gay voters after a string of controversial comments by party members. The shadow home secretary, Chris Grayling, said owners of B&B accommodation should have the right to turn away gay couples. Julian Lewis, the shadow defence minister, said he was against lowering the age of consent from 18 to 16 for homosexuals.

I don't want to say much more about this, just read this article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/02/conservatives-philippa-stroud-gay-cure

No comments: