Monday 14 June 2010

Fossils to find...

I'm not very well travelled and sadly have not looked for fossils in Palaeozoic rocks, barring my local Permian fossils (I've also never even seen Precambrian rocks, to my knowledge at least). So it is not surprising that even though I love trilobites and know that they can easily be found in Britain. They are top of my list of fossils I want to find for my own pleasure, however, that is being challenged. I am quite fond of Microdictyon and have found out that M. sphaeroides can be found in Atdabandian age rocks in Britain. I still don't know where, but it is likely in Wales, if not in Scotland as well, so travelling is required (I've never even been to Wales). I think I have a friend who goes to uni near Welsh Cambrian rocks, hmmm.....

No comments: